Position Title: Assembler and Parts Packer
Salary Range: $13.00
Accountable to: Shipping Supervisor
Department: Shipping & Receiving
The Assembler and Parts Packer is expected to accurately fill production orders for customers in a job shop environment. They will pull parts from stock to assemble and package finished goods to be shipped. The assembler and parts packer will complete and maintain accurate inventory and labor records for costing.
- Pull materials and hardware from various stock locations as specified in the job traveler and accompanying documents.
- Determine the tools and equipment needed to perform the required job tasks.
- Efficiently assemble components into a kit of finished product using basic hand tools and equipment.
- Package finished goods with the specified materials and containers.
- Carefully handle and process parts with high cosmetic requirements.
- Maintain the accuracy of component parts and finished goods.
- Accurately report time associated with a job into the labor reporting system.
- Occasionally perform cycle counts on component and finished goods inventory.
- Ensure stocked components are rotated using the oldest first.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Two (2) years of light assembly and packaging experience
- Must have good communication skills with the ability to multitask with a high attention to detail
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently in order to derive and communicate information from manufacturing documents
- Ability to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. and overtime, as required
- Ability to use weight scales with good mathematical skills
- Ability to stand/sit or walk for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to regularly lift and twist the torso with packages up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 90 pounds
- Ability to acquire and maintain forklift license; operate a forklift in a safe and productive manner
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.