Pay Range: $20.00 - $25.05
All second shift positions receive a $2.50 shift differential increase in pay.
Reports to: Quality Manager
Department: Quality Control
Our inspectors have a passion for consistency. They are charged with ensuring that metal parts produced in the shop are made to the customer’s specifications–and the R&M standard.
On the occasion any out-of-specification condition occurs, you will be the one to ensure it is corrected and reported to the Quality Manager. If you are ready to put your detail-oriented skills to use on the production floor, read on.
- Check production first piece, in-process, and the last piece to verify the parts meet the customer’s specifications and brand standards
- Work with foremen and operators to ensure adjustments are made as necessary
- Record inspection results, including data for First Article Reports
- Measure and record plating thickness
- Responsible for final inspection/authorization to ship the product
- May assist in incoming Inspection
- Perform equipment calibration per schedule
- Maintain an organized work area
- High school/GED or equivalent work experience
- Proficient and adept at all measuring equipment: CMM, optical comparator, video scope, calipers, verniers, micrometers, gauge blocks, gauge pins, thread gauges, dial indicators, drop indicators, height gauges, scales, squares, protractor
- Good blueprint-reading skills and competent in figuring a flat layout from a formed view
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.