Pay Range: $21.50 - $28.50
All second shift positions receive a $0.75 cent shift differential increase in pay.
Accountable to: Stamping Manager
Set up and operate progressive presses between 45T to 250T. Produce quality parts in a timely and productive manner to customer’s specifications and the R&M standard. Showcase critical thinking by understanding root case of part or tool malfunction. Relay quality and production issues to the Production Manager. Work and maintain housekeeping in the work area.
- Setup tools, feeders, coilers, and coil straighteners
- Inspect and record part dimensions per quality plan and customer’s specifications
- Troubleshoot causes when parts do not conform to customer’s specifications
- Unload and package finished parts for shipment
- Remove and clear scrap from press and work area, as needed
- Report part counts and labor accurately and in a timely manner
- Good communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and careful attention to detail
- Understand the basics of progressive tools and equipment
- Be able to read and interpret blueprints and job packets
- Be proficient in the use of calipers, micrometer, protractor, height gage, gauge pins, and drop-through gauges
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently in order to derive and communicate information from manufacturing documents
- Ability to work Monday through Friday between the hours of 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. to 1 a.m., and overtime as required
- Ability to stand/sit or walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Ability to regularly lift and twist the torso with packages up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 90 pounds
- Ability to acquire and maintain forklift license; operate a forklift in a safe, productive manner
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.