Pay Range: $21.50 - $28.50
All second shift positions receive a $2.50 shift differential increase in pay.
Accountable to: Stamping Manager
Being able to understand the root cause of metal part or tool malfunction is indeed a special skill. Showcase your stellar critical thinking abilities as a Class A Progressive Punch Press Setup Operator on our team!
Working closely with the Production Manager to relay quality and production issues, you will set up and operate progressive presses between 45T to 250T. Producing quality parts in a timely and productive manner to customer’s specifications – and the R&M standard – is vital to this role.
- Set up tools, feeders, coilers, and coil straighteners
- Inspect and record part dimensions per the quality plan and customer’s specifications
- Troubleshoot causes when parts do not conform to customer’s specifications
- Unload and package finished parts for shipment
- Remove and clear scrap from press and work area, as needed
- Report part counts and labor accurately and in a timely manner
- Work and maintain a clean work area
- Good communication skills, multi-tasking skills, and careful attention to detail
- Understand the basics of progressive tools and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and job packets
- Proficiency in the use of calipers, micrometer, protractor, height gage, gauge pins, and drop-through gauges
- Read, write, and speak English fluently in order to derive and communicate information from manufacturing documents
- Work Monday-Friday between 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m. or 2:30 p.m.-1 a.m. and overtime as required
- Stand/sit or walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Regularly lift and twist the torso with packages up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 90 pounds
- Acquire and maintain a forklift license and operate a forklift in a safe, productive manner
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.