Salary Range: $16.00 - $20.00
All second shift positions receive a $2.50 shift differential increase in pay.
Accountable to: Fabrication Manager
Is welding in your wheelhouse? As a Spot Welder at R&M Manufacturing, you will get your hands on a variety of material types (including stainless steel and cold-rolled steel), thicknesses, and hardware.
Using single and multi-headed spot-welding equipment, you will satisfactorily weld on materials ranging in thickness from .060” sheet metal to .187” thick plate. You will also use Haeger hardware insertion equipment and presses when needed.
- Use jigs and fixtures to align component parts and hold product steady during weld cycle
- Set up and adjust welder to proper timing, pressure, and voltage settings
- Read and interpret blueprints and a strong understanding of tolerances
- Check finished parts for alignment and cohesion
- Measure and attain critical dimensions per customer specifications
- Stack finished parts carefully for transport to the next operation
- Manual dexterity
- Able to tell the difference between hardware sizes
- Strong attention to detail
- Read, write, and speak English fluently to derive and communicate information from manufacturing documents
- Work Monday-Friday between 6 a.m.-2:30 p.m. and overtime as required
- Ability to stand/sit or walk for up to 10 hours per day, standing for up to four hours between rest periods
- Ability to regularly lift and twist your torso while handling packages of up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.