Pay range: $18.00 - $25.00
All second shift positions receive a $2.50 shift differential increase in pay.
Reports to: Production Manager
Our Stamping Press Operator leads the production of quality parts in a timely and productive manner, while understanding the root cause of part or tool malfunction. You will set up and operate progressive presses between 45T to 250T. It is essential to relay quality and production issues to your Production Manager, while working to maintain a clean in the work area.
- Set up tools, feeders, coilers, and coil straighteners
- Inspect and record part dimensions per quality plan and customer specifications
- Troubleshoot causes when parts do not conform to customer specifications
- Unload and package finished parts for shipment
- Remove and clear scrap from press and work area as needed
- Report part counts and labor accurately and in a timely manner
- Good communication skills, multitasking skills and careful attention to detail
- Understand the basics of progressive tools and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints and job packets
- Proficient in the use of calipers, micrometer, protractor, height gauge, gauge pins and drop through gauges
- Read, write and speak English fluently in order to derive and communicate information from manufacturing documents
- Work Monday-Thursday between 2:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. and overtime as required
- Stand/sit or walk for up to 10 hours per day
- Regularly lift and twist your torso while handling packages of up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 90 pounds
- Acquire and maintain a forklift license and operate a forklift in a safe, productive manner
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.