Position Title: Tool & Die Maker
Salary Range: Depends on qualifications
Accountable to: Tooling Manager
Build and repair all types of dies, fixtures, jigs, and special machines and assemblies. Test and debug these items to be qualified to customer's specifications.
- Read and interpret blueprints and die designs
- Work from verbal and written instructions from designers
- Must be able to discuss processes with designers to develop the best die plan. In some cases, must be able to work from customer's directions.
- Plan the setup and machine operations for producing all the parts required for the project at hand
- Must be able to work with other departments to ensure good workflow through the shop
- Complete the project on schedule
- Must be able to schedule the work through both CNC and WEDM for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for spot checking all parts before they are sent out for heat treatment for accuracy and completeness.
- Responsible for ensuring all components of the project are in stock or ordered in enough time to be delivered for assembly.
- Complete tool try-outs for qualifications and part development. Adjust tooling as required.
- Complete first article inspections on parts from die using tool room inspection equipment. Final inspections will be done by our Quality Assurance department.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment in the shop area
- Must be considerate of other people working
- Must report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor
- Complete maintenance on older production tooling that runs in the Stamping department
- Completion of a Tool & Die program from an accredited Technical College or completion of a 5-year in-plant apprenticeship program.
- Must have a high degree of precision and control with manually operated machine tools.
- Must be able to measure accurately with hand tools and height gages.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to complete data entry into a data collection system.
- Accuracy and completeness are a must.
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.