Salary Range: Contingent on qualifications
All second shift positions receive a $2.50 shift differential increase in pay.
Accountable to: Tooling Manager
Do you enjoy reading and interpreting blueprints and die designs (based on verbal and written instructions from designers) – all while planning the setup and machine operations for producing required parts?
As a Tool and Die Maker, you will build and repair all types of dies, fixtures, jigs, special machines, and assemblies. Testing and debugging these items are essential to ensure they are qualified based on customer specifications.
- Discuss processes with designers to develop the best die plan; in some cases, you must be able to work from customer direction
- Work with other departments to ensure good workflow through the shop
- Complete the project on schedule
- Schedule work through both CNC and EDM for maximum efficiency
- Responsible for spot-checking all parts before they are sent out for heat treatment for accuracy and completeness.
- Do first article inspections on parts from die using tool room inspection equipment; parts then will be handed off to the Quality department. Final inspections will be done by our Quality Assurance Department
- Keep a clean and safe working environment in the shop area
- Be considerate of other people working around you
- Report any unsafe conditions to your supervisor
- Complete maintenance on older production tooling that runs in the Stamping department
- Complete a Tool and Die program from an accredited technical college or a five-year in-plant apprenticeship program
- Have a high degree of precision and control with all manually operated machine tools
- Multitask and measure with accuracy and completeness using hand tools and height gauges
- Required to do data entry into our data collection system
R&M Manufacturing reserves the right to modify the job description at any time.